Thursday, March 6, 2014

Merry Christmas... In March!!!

Well, time has gotten away from me... I have many new blogs, but for memories sake I need to start where I left off.  So--- Merry Christmas 2.5 months late ;)!

The usual Christmas Eve at Grandee Dee's house:

Grandee always has the kids do a show and this year a neat sign was made in their honor.
 for a couple of months prior to Christmas I began teaching the boys a few hymns that we would sing before going to bed.  Holy, Holy, Holy, I am Jesus' Little Lamb, Silent Night and Away in the Manager were the line ups for the night.  Grandee Dee provided the costumes, they did wonderful.


 It is the little things that keep such interest!
 Santa made his appearance...
 Guess who figured out a little secret about Santa??  He was good about keeping it to himself :). 
 This is exactly how it went!

 Merry Christmas hugs to everyone!


After a fun evening the morning came quick, but my planning skills are improving with the years and it was a smooth morning celebration.
Early morning at the Barker House!

The exciting surprises of stockings :)... My favorite part. 

 MORE gifts to open... 
 Legos were certainly a theme...
 Awe, the quietness of building a new Lego project!
 C got his own form of building blocks called Magna Tiles... These things are awesome!
 Babies don't need much, a balloon and wrapping paper go a long way!
 To combat the stored up energy of building Legos, we surprised the boys with a trampoline!  Mike spent a few hours of Christmas Eve putting it together while I took the kids to my parents house... To say the least they were very pleasantly surprised to find this in our back yard Christmas Morning!  
 It has really been the best investment... It is that rubber room we always talk about wishing for ;).  They spend hours in it every day!
 They all spend lots of hours playing with these cool magna blocks too :).  

No comments: