I had a few friends over today for a playdate and I made frittatas for the first time... They turned out great! I mixed a few recipes that I found to get what I wanted and this is what I came up with:
Mini Frittatas
1 ½ cup shredded potatoes
2T vegetable oil
4 egg yolks
8 egg whites
½ cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves
1 ½ cup frozen chopped spinach (thawed slightly)
½ cup parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 and spray muffin pan with non-stick spray. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet and pan-fry the shredded potatoes until golden and crispy. Disperse the hash browns evenly in the muffin cups. Using the same skillet, sauté the onion, garlic, and spinach until soft, also disperse into the muffin cups. Beat the eggs until foamy and double in size and pour evenly into the cups filling them about 80%. Sprinkle the cheese on the top and cook in the oven for 30min or until they look puffed and golden. Let cool in the pan for 2-3 min and then use a rubber spatula to loosen from the pan. Makes 12 frittatas.

No comments:
Post a Comment