Monday, November 15, 2010

Bosque time of the year

Last year we had so much fun running though the 'big woods' of the bosque during the sun kissed colors of fall, that we had to do it again and again and again this year.  It is just steps away from a large church parking that is just a 5-10min drive from our house and there are several short easy trails to choose from.  We went a different direction each trip and never made it to the end of any of the trails, but the boys had lots of  fun climbing the fallen tree trunks, picking up sticks, running and collecting yellow leaves. 

I love this picture... Who loves who more?!
 Big brother lending a helping hand.
 Dad and the wee little ones!
 Best attempt for the day... I guess boys will be boys!
 This trip was taken several weeks ago when the leaves were just starting to change
 Jakey loved the freedom he had to run in the dirt!
 The curvy trees just looked too cool... Josh thought we were in a jungle, I guess it sort of looks that way?!
 Big logs to climb
 It is nearly impossible to get them to all look at the camera at the same time, let alone get them to all look happy :)!  I guess this lets us really remember how crazy it is with little kids!
 A visit about a week later... colors are really starting to come out and little J trying harder to keep up with his brothers!
 Best attempt this trip! 
 Yet another trip ~1 week later... Beautiful vibrant yellows everywhere!  Little J still running strong.
 At least they were all looking my way!
 action shot...
 BOYS!  Little J looks a bit confused.
 This one is kinda cute in a boyish way
They all wanted to ride this horse log 
 Climbing & being goofy

crawling on the trees.
 A walk to remember surrounded by color!

If you could not tell, I was trying to get a good coordinated picture of the boys since I have yet to get one in a long while... Oh well, we had lots of fun energy packed adventures to remember even if they all cringed every time I took the camera out.  Until next time!

1 comment:

Coby said...

I absolutely love these! I have yet to take my boys down there - I need to, they'd love it!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can't get all 3 boys to look at the same time - AND look happy! ;-)

Just beautiful!