Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Seuss Family

Costume time, costume time...This year we had fun dressing as Dr. Seuss characters!  It all started with Josh's new skill- reading (or phonics blending, if you want to get technical).  We have been following the lessons from a great book called Teach You Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons by Siegfried Engelmann.  With some ability to blend phonics, I took out the Dr. Seuss books and Josh's favorite book for the week quickly became The Cat in The Hat.  He decided he wanted to be the cat himself for Halloween- we thought K & little J would make great Things, Thing 1 & Thing 2 that is... I was committed to making their costumes.  As an afterthought Mike & I decided to go along with the theme, see for yourself! 

They were reading up on how to play out their roles!


The 'Thing's' wigs were made with a blue feather boa (from Joann's) hot glue guned to a beanie hat ($1 section at Joann's)
J had to tickle Kyle to get him to smile!


We had a costume get together with K's playgroup... J had too much fun with his friend J & little miss O (the only girl in our group) was too cute in her little lady suit!
Mom's Club Spooktacular!  Mike was Sam I Am from Green Eggs and Ham and I was Cindy Lou Who from The Grinch that Stole Christmas.
Games, treats and friends!
Thing 2 (because he is 2 years old) could not decide what to do next!
Sunday Night... A visit to G&G R's house to start their trick or treat adventure!
Family Picture
Can't leave without a pic with the G&G!
On to G&G B's house for trick or treating, I just realized that I am 6 months prego now!
Fun, Fun- the scary jester is Grandpa B!
Thing 2 doesn't seem to mind!
They both dressed up! 
Fun times, great weather and way too much candy... At least I am a prego!

No comments: