Saturday, August 27, 2011

Home school

With 2 weeks under our belt, things are starting to come together as we find what works and doesn't work during our home school days.  My biggest challenge is managing the younger boys while I do J's lessons.  While this is probably going to be an ongoing battle, I have found a few ways to keep the days going smoothly.  It is such a rewarding time to see the learning happen!  I feel so blessed to have found the school that he attends and to be able to cherish this time teaching and training:).

I put together some schedule cards to help stay focused... If I go nurse the baby, it is easy to get right back on schedule ;). 

This week I found some baby sized swimming pools on sale and used them to create an 'activity space' for K & J.  It keeps them contained and lets them do messy preschool explorations. 
 Fun (contained!!!) water play!
I will be shocked if doesn't do something scientific when he grows up! 
 It just so happens that we are reading Chicka Chicka Boom Boom this week, so he gets to put his own coconut tree and letters together.  Unsticking the letters kept him busy for a long time...
Dumping the letters out and putting them back away was the name of the game for little J.

 J was busy practicing his numbers and letters using a technique called Wet-Dry-Try using sponges and paper towels to trace the letters & numbers before using chalk.
 Desk work.
 Little C enjoyed the family room to himself!
 Recess
 Weeee!


1 comment:

Cavinder Family said...

First off...thanks for coming to the party! And I think that you are doing amazing at teaching Josh! Keep it up!