Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Trash packs

Who would have thought that tiny rubber grossly covered characters would be so popular?  They are in our house... The are called Trash Packs and have become something sort of an obsession.  Josh first learned about them at school as they would play/trade during recess and after hours.  We have joined the fun and made it a summer incentive... The boys have opputunities to earn quarters (chores and good behavior) and then can go purchase a trash pack from our stash.  They work pretty hard for these little guys! 

Earning, trading, collecting & playing!

Only a toy that o boy would love (well, secretly I get excited when we get a new pack :). 

To play "Trash Packs", you line up the guys and flick them at your opponent's line of guys... If you knock any down, you get to add them to your line.  You win when you collect all your opponent's guys. 

This is typical set up in our family room...

It is kinda funny how such a silly toy has encouraged josh to count, sort, add, color cordinate, etc...

Aren't they lovely?


I do enjoy seeing them all work together!

Game face!

FLICK!
Every game usually ends in silliness!

1 comment:

Cavinder Family said...

Isn't it funny how these games come about? My students talk about all these random things I have no idea about. I wonder what Audrey will become obsessed with when she is old enough!