Our Christmas Tree- we have never had a curious baby/toddler as we have this year with Carter... He would not leave any of it alone, so we moved all the decor up past his level. But, that didn't stop him. He ended up pulling the tree down 2 times, thus breaking the lights (as seen in the picture)... We were very thankful no one got hurt! He started finding his own toys to hang at his level and got that accomplished look :). Poor tree, I think we nee a new one next year.
Sickness- what less could we expect when a large family with little kids, if one gets sick- they all get it! I am thankful that it happened during the week leading up to Christmas vs when the baby comes (like when Carter was born). It was a couple of weeks of long nights, lots of tissues, coughing and fever reducing meds... Lucky for me I was not hit as hard as some of them (mostly just sleep deprived :). I once again had to miss their Christmas program at church because I was taking care of a sick kiddo. I guess we have many more years of that to come!
Broken toe- OK, I exaggerated a bit... It didn't actually break, but it was painful and caused me to hobble around for a few days! Believe it or not, my one year old did it to me! He had a death grip on our kitchen table bench as I was lifting him away causing it to lift up, turn and fall on my toe, OWEEEEEE!
Christmas Eve- Everyone was finally well enough to get out and we had a nice gathering at Mike's Grandma's house. Grandee Dee put together a little program involving the grand kids/ great grand kids and then we had the usual special guest come to surprise the kids, can you guess who got to dress up this year? Come see what we did!
The start of Grandee Dee's program... I was Mary and Carter was supposed to be baby Jesus, but he didn't want to stay on my lap! The boys each were decorated and wore a sign to remember the loved ones that have gone on.
The Bruckman brothers read a very special poem.
Dylan did a drum number...
Taylor and Uncle Donnie did some Christmas song duos.
Then Santa arrived, can you guess who it is? Carter wasn't so sure of this man... His eyes remained pegged on me!
Jakey seemed antsy to get down too, but told him that he wants a TV for Christmas!
Kyle would not look at Santa, but was not hesitant to give a list of every toy he could think of!
And Josh, who has always been skeptical of Santa (AKA- not believing), told me right away that his beard was fake... I wonder if he figured out who the mystery santa was?!
Do you know who it is yet?
Present time and beard re-adjustment!
After seeing Dylan play the drums, Carter was ready to put on his own show!
Time to pass out gifts!
The boys were followed around the gifts and were the unwrapping helpers!
angle from the other side of the room...
One of the coolest gifts... A turtle that projects light up stars on the ceiling. It kept the interest of the all the kids and is still used nightly to help the kids settle in their beds :).
Christmas Morning- Carter was up and ready for the day at his usual 5:45 wake up call... Mike and I both got up with him, got him fed and enjoyed coffee and breakfast in his company. Mike built a fire and we patiently waited for the rest of the gang to wake up, but they were sound to sleep! We got our camera and video camera ready and sent Carter in give them each a wake up call. It was a peaceful and exciting morning with the family :).
Let the wake ups begin ;)!
Wake up before I open all the gifts!
Cozy morning!
Animals for Carter!
Legos for Kyle... He was ready to open and build!
Let the opening begin!
Carter won the prize for the most excitement in one gift! Ironically he personally picked it out at a garage sale... When he wasn't looking I put it away for a few weeks, he acted as if he found his long lost friend!
More paint markers, time to start coloring!
Josh got his long awaited archery set!
At the end, we rolled out Jakey's very own trike!
Group gifts full of WOWs!
The freezing cold didn't stop J from trying out his new set of wheels!
Our home is full of Christmas blessings :)! Merry Late Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment