Monday, April 8, 2013

Newborn Days and weeks

The differences between having a baby for the first time and the fifth time are many, the learning curve is completely different. With the first, you feel exhausted and the baby care seems so difficult... The first few days and weeks feel sooooo slow.  With the fifth, you still feel exhausted but the baby care side of things seem simple and the time flies!  The hard parts are the family schedules, keeping baby away from kids that want to clobber him with love and boogers, figuring out who is going to go where with whom, keeping up with the regular mountain of laundry in addition to all the soiled clothes, blankets and sheets of a newborn & putting out the sibling fires while nursing a fussy baby.  A huge whirlwind has swept through our home and taken the time away in a flash!  With that said, I am posting some of the pictures when Austin was a few days old up to a month for your looking enjoyment! 

A few days old:
So sweet and already appears so alert and focused.
 I think his eyes will stay blue.
 This big boy is strong :).
 ... and round!  He had some bruising in his eyes from labor, giving him a red line in each eye (temporary).
 His little feet with the pricks from the array of tests that they do.
 His little long body :).

Love!
 
 A few visitors that first week.
 his 'grumpy' look!
 more love!

One Week Old!
The sleeping week :).
 So peaceful.

 The cycle of emotions.
 Snug as a bug...
 "Ahhh, finally got that leg out!".
 I see you!
 Oh, the little baby grunts- I can hear them now!
 Big yawn...
I wish I knew what he was thinking.

2 Weeks Old--
Sleepy head.
 Gotta love those pudgy lips!
 Mr. Alert. sometimes.

3 Weeks Old--
I love how he holds his hand here.

 Stretch!



4 Weeks Old--
A smile captured!  
 The more common serious face.
 He holds himself up wonderfully!
 The clobbering of love!
 
The sweet tender moments, I am glad I captured them in pictures!

2 comments:

Cavinder Family said...

You take the best pictures!!!! They look professional.

Amy said...

Beautiful photos Sarah! Give him some love from all of us!!