Before having my spring babies, I had another reason to feel a little sentimental about this refreshing season.
It was the times of big baggy sweat shirts and cut off shorts, long bunched up socks and clothes that showed off the name of their brand. The year was 1995 and I was a high school freshman, it was half my life time ago. I found myself hanging out with a cool guy who I met at a basketball game via a mutual friend. We quickly hit it off as friends, talking on the phone frequently and hanging out at lunch time. Spring break started and we were best buddies that week going all around town… The Jeep dealership to look at both of our at the time ‘dream car’- a Wrangler, the Natural History Museum, the mall, my house to play basketball, McDonalds for ice cream, ice skating and a long drive around town in search for the stadium that hosted the New Mexico Chili’s Pro Soccer team (we finally found it and got to enjoy the last 20mins of the game!). After that week of bonding and getting to know each other, we became girlfriend and boyfriend. While we may have seemed ridiculously young (which we were), we got to grow up together and we have this lengthy history of memories to draw upon on the few occasions that we have alone time these days. We had all those years to talk about our goals and dreams, it still baffles us that here we are today with the three beautiful babies that we always hypothetically talked about. I love you so much sweet heart, you provide so much to our family and I appreciate all of it!
Here’s to the giddy days of spring and to the early days of us!
Boy did we look awkward going to our first homecoming dance 1995!
More dances 1996/97...
Senior Prom 1998
graduation party 1998... t-minus 2.5 months til we got married!






2 comments:
What an awesome post!! You make me want to dig up all of our old photos!
I love high school sweetheart stories! And I love this post! You put it perfectly (my own paraphrase here): now that you rarely have (uninterruped!) time alone, you have a whole treasure of memories to draw from. Love it!
Post a Comment