Tuesday, August 10, 2010

C is for Chocolate

Our summer preschool has been casual, but I think the boys can appreciate that!  Several weeks ago we were focusing on the letter 'C' with a weekly theme of cats.  I think the boys would agree that their favorite part of that weeks was the chocolate pudding finger painting.  I recently read that one good way to practice writing letters out is to have them use their fingers... in sand, rice, finger paint, etc.  It requires less motor skills, yet teaches them the proper way to write the letter.  So that is what we did... What could be more fun than playing with chocolate?








Kyle has a good taste in his mouth for preschool!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Now that's a fun preschool!!

Coby said...

Okay, I'm stealing that idea!!! I've had my kids do that with shaving cream but...chocolate looks way more fun!

We just started preschool this week; we're making mini-lapbooks with stuff from the Cars movie, and then next week we're doing one with big machines (bulldozers, etc.). After that we'll start our letter of the week stuff. I love the freedom that homeschooling provides (like learning to write with chocolate!)

Great idea, Momma!