Monday, January 17, 2011

Suprise visitors

It has been awhile, I know, I have been busy getting organized with the anticipation of our newest little guy to make his appearance- I will get to some of those projects in later blogs... For now, I will catch up with our everyday life.

A few days after Christmas, we had a pleasant surprise visit from Mike's uncle and cousins from California.  His two local cousins joined the fun too as we enjoyed a evening of dinner and catching up.  When Mike and I were dating in high school, I remember each one of these kiddos as a little baby- where did the time go?  Ironically they are just about the same age difference as our four kids... It was kind of a fast forward look at what times will be like in about 12 years!  It also goes to show how much our grocery bill will be going up as I didn't nearly plan a big enough dinner for our house full of teenagers- sorry kids and your bottomless bellies! 

Kyle felt like such a big boy sitting with his older cousins!  He also totally hammed up the attention they gave him.  
 He is still our tactile kid and was obsessed with Uncle Donnie's curly hair... He was so thrilled that Donnie let him touch it.
 What great teenagers these are... They played with our kids all night.
 They were also super polite and interacted with the adults a lot.
 Not one of them spent any time texting or being preoccupied with anything... They were an absolute pleasure to be around the whole time!

It is strange how the circle goes, we were just there as teenagers at Mike's family functions playing with these kids when they were toddlers, who knows what will happen in the next round of 12 years or so... 

 We truly enjoyed your company and the boys are still talking about each of you.  Come visit more often and stay longer, I promise I will have more food!

No comments: