I had the shopping done for the week, laundry caught up, meals planned out for the month, at home activities planned out for the kids and most of all the motivation to attempt it all by myself when one kid after another came down with more symptoms of being sick. Pink eyes, strep throats, throw up, high fevers, debilitating body aches, croupy coughs, runny noses- we had it ALL pass through our house the week that I was all set to fly solo with all four little guys. Mike and the grandmas came to my rescue as our goal became to keep Carter healthy through it all. Something worked, because C and myself were the only ones that weathered the storm without getting sick! I guess I didn't know that we would be venturing into the life as a family of 6 with both feet forward- when it rains it pours! As a family in a 2 week period, we made 10 visits to the doctor (a few of them were for C's well baby visits and PKU test)! I had to keep a chart of all the medications to make sure each kid got the right dose at the right time and I suppose I will never again be caught up with laundry with all the towels and bedding that had to be washed over and over! The hardest part was staying up at all hours of the night holding them and praying that their temperatures would go down and them looking at me pleading to make them feel better.
Two weeks later, we are happy to report that everyone is mostly back to normal and I am flying solo again, this time around it is going much smoother even though I don't have my ducks in a row like I did the first time around!
Here is to an exhausting 2 weeks that I am sure Mike and I will always remember as a time full of aches and pains as our family grows. Taking care of 4 healthy kids should be easy now!
1 comment:
I am so glad everyone is on the mend! Praying for everyone to stay healthy!!
Post a Comment