So what is it you may ask?! It is a super soft, slightly moldable mixture that engages the senses and is irresistible to touch and play with. It is kind of like wet beach sand, only softer or fluffier... It is like nothing we have played with before! Come check it out for yourself.
The only ingredients it has in it is flour and oil- 8 cups of flour and 1 cup of oil (I used baby oil, but any type would work).
Can you tell that they were READY to get their hands messy?
All you have to do is mix the ingredients together and then start playing!
They were pretending they were bakers from Mickey's Night Kitchen...
The lovely molded dough, but be careful because it crumbles easily!
The texture, smell and look of it all was therapeutic... They played with this stuff for a couple of hours in one day. And again a few days later.
As fun as it is to play with, it is a bit messy- definitely an outside experiment! But who cares about a little mess, who would like some cookies?
We decided to add some chopped up crayons that we had used for another project, it added some nice color and more texture.
3 comments:
Love it. Think I'll use it in my class. I wonder if you added food coloring to the oil if it would make the sand a different color?? Like moon sand!
I saw on a different blog that liquid food coloring is ineffective, but powdered kind works... I have never seen the powdered?! I might try a cool aid packet next time.
I saw on a different blog that liquid food coloring is ineffective, but powdered kind works... I have never seen the powdered?! I might try a cool aid packet next time.
Post a Comment