Friday, May 25, 2012

More Field Trip fun!

The end of the school year appears to be for school field trips, activities & events...  Everything just kind of squeezes in there during the last couple of months.  Looking back we had fun, but I am definately looking forward to a less filled up schedule for the summer!  Today was the first day for us :).  But before I start blogging about our lazy summer days, I must catch up on the fun things we did during the past month.  First stop... a trip to a farm.  The day itself may of been blown away with stinky animal farm dust, but aside from eating the dirt in the air (being forced into our mouths by way of the wind) it was a fun trip!  Do you remember when I got a cooler full of farm fresh veggies at my door step?  Well we got to see exactly where it was grown. 

Kindergaten fun at the farm
 The Green House was a cozy retreat from the wind!  Very insightful!
 They got very hands on at the field... Can't figure out why their veggies are so much bigger than mine?!  I guess I should have listened a little better.

 I have never seen 5/6 year olds soooo excited about veggies!
 They got to pick turnips and taste them too.
 Kyle found some bug friends.
 ...and a turnip too :).
 Farm animals... The mama pig and all her piglets.
 They liked Kyle (or maybe just his turnip!).
 Horses... But look closer.
 They were Kyle-sized!
 And Jakey-sized... Only if they were next to the tall fence.  He was a bit timid around them!
 They ended their trip by planting their own seeds to grow at home. 

Thanks for the great trip, Skarsgard Farm!

No comments: