I suppose it would be kinda creepy to open a cooler that happened to be left on your front porch, but I ordered this particular one, so I was excited to see it. It is called a harvest box and after going to their website periodically this past year, I finally decided to try it out. It came from a farm called Los Poblanos Organics and they offer fresh local produce and other grocery items to people in our area. You can go to the farm to pick up your box (which I plan to do someday when it is not so hectic to get out) or they will deliver (for free!). I wasn't sure exactly what to expect, but I had heard good things about them so I gave it a try...
This is what was inside this week (it changes each week): lettuce, cucumbers, summer squash, chard, carrots, strawberries, peaches, mint, nectarines, avocados... I also added on local milk, sweet potatoes & cauliflower to get free shipping.
I can see this working out nicely, I can stock up on pantry items and have my dairy and produce items delivered weekly to my door. For the convenience and because it is organic and most of it was grown locally, I think it was a pretty good deal. I need to find a few recipes to cook with chard & mint, if you know any good ones send them my way!
1 comment:
We just saute the chard in olive oil. Cut out the woody stems, chop roughly, and let it wilt...It's one of Scott's favorite foods! Also good with balsamic and fresh ginger. Enjoy!
-Jes
Post a Comment