Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Backyard ballooning...

Well, it's been over a month since I blogged (I guess you know you are in for it over the next few days!).  Like other blogs I have read said, "October is a busy month"! 

Around here all you hear about is hot air balloons during the first week in October because of the Balloon Fiesta, but unfortunately we didn't make it again this year.  On the flip side, we did have several balloons pass over our house and we had a couple of amazing commutes taking Josh to school (which happens drive very close to the balloon park).  One day we heard the deep breath of the gas of a balloon overhead and ran to the backyard.  This is what we saw:

 Pretty balloon and the people were close enough to see and wave to...
 It seemed like it was getting lower instead of higher (those are the tops of our trees in the backyard).
 Shortly after we saw a rope drop, they were going to land on the street behind us!  The middles were in preschool, but Josh, Carter, Mike & I ran over (as did many other neighbors!)...
 Down, down, down!
 Josh got right up close.
 It took up the whole street!
 The air was literally squeezed out.
 Here is a picture of the sky (during our commute to school) that I took with my camera phone at a stoplight.  The sky is certainly more stunning in person, but it gives you an idea of what we drove through!

No comments: