Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Baby Update

Today I am 39.5 weeks prego (3 more days until my due date) and I had my weekly check-up... I am 3 cm dilated and the midwife said the baby is very low (if you know anything about the station scale, I was a -1, 1 point away from a 0, which means the baby is engaged into the pelvis and usually in labor...), so while no one really knows how quickly things will progress, it will probably be sooner than later! She said if I come in next Tues (meaning that I have not had the baby yet) she will induce me if I would like. So with that said we should have a baby within the week! I have been nesting like mad- scrubbing tile grout, sweeping the garage, organizing the same closet 3 or 4 times, cleaning the celling fans & blinds, cleaning and organizing the kitchen cabinets, baking lots of cookies and then giving them away because I eat too many, vacuuming and cleaning bathrooms almost daily... shopping for everything that I think I will need in the next 6 months, finishing Kyle's first year scrapbook, getting rid of junk, and the list goes on! But, yesterday I noticed that my list was complete, I had actually gotten everything done that I wanted before baby was born and now it is just the day to day maintainence! I think I am finally ready to have this baby... I took a self portrait of my belly this morning after a few of you had asked, so hopefully this will be the last belly shot!

2 comments:

Coby said...

Yay!!! What a great feeling to have your "nest" ready! Love the belly shot, too. I'll toast my sparkling cider to the hopes that Baby Barker comes sooner rather than later!

Amy said...

You look amazing for being a few days away! You are most definitely the cutest prego mom I have ever seen. You are an amazing mama and wife to actually have your check list done! Tell Mike he is one lucky (blessed) man! Love you!