Wednesday, July 1, 2009
First Fruits & First Flowers
We have had lots of cloudy afternoons, some rain and a couple of treatments of miracle grow in the past few weeks and all of a sudden, our 4 tomato plants have formed a tomato jungle taking over our garden! I think they are literally growing by the minute, I wish I had taken a picture of it about 2 weeks ago to show you the difference! The fruits from their laboring growth are abundant and green in color, so if you live close by you will probably get a bag of tomatoes in a couple of weeks! We also have squash, zucchini, bell peppers, carrots, lettuce, basil, either broccoli or cabbage & sugar snap peas hidden in this jungle of a garden bed! You will also have to notice our newly planted grape vines against the back wall, we won't get any fruit from them this year, but they are growing fast! We picked our first huge zucchini & yellow squash today, we didn't even realize they were there hiding under the leaves! Joshua was excited about them saying over and over that he could have the green one and Mommy, Daddy & Kyle could have the yellow one... when it came down to cooking a pasta with them mixed in, he picked out the veggies and just ate the pasta! I bet he will like zucchini bread better. We also had our first cosmo bloom in my small flower bed, I also planted poppies early spring and am really enjoying this 'happy' flower!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment