Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ahoy, Mates!

What do you get when you mix a big box that has been sitting around our office for a couple weeks, cold windy weather outside and an imaginative 3 year old that asks a million questions every day (many of them revolving around the theme of pirates)?   Well, you can take a look at the pictures to see for yourself.  I got asked if Iwould play Captain Hook and Peter Pan all day long and no matter what my excuse was, I was sure to hear it again in a matter of minutes!  So instead of dodging the question one more time or coming up with excuses like "Daddy will play with you when he gets home from work" or "I need to unload the dish washer" or "girls don't usually play swords"...  I decided to go all out and help him make a 'Pirate Ship' so we could really play Peter Pan!  We had a lot of fun imaginative play... 

Kyle was more interested in undoing all the decor or tumbling over the boat!
Josh was even determined to get Jacob involved
Joshua is really into pirates right now, this is how we found him sleeping the other day! 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow! Way to go Sarah! You are so awesome! You need a mommy of the year award!