Sunday, February 21, 2010

Joshie's Playgroup

A few weeks back I blogged about Kyle's playgroup, so I felt the desire to talk a bit about the 'original playgroup' that started oh-so-many friendships! We all met about 3 years ago when we were all new moms to one kid each... Wow, how quickly those days came and went and if we only knew how easy those days really were back then!

Well, here we are again, not as quiet as we used to be and not everyone can make it these days as it is quite common to have a sick child from our pool of multiple siblings! We have had a few of our friends move away and a couple of are missing because they were out of town. But this particular day we got to meet up with one of our friends that was in town for a few days... What a blessing it was to see her and her kids!


This group of lovely ladies and their kids have provided us with more than we could have ever imagined. The moms are so gracious and giving, willing to help out whenever anything is needed. They have hearts of gold and I have learned so much from their kindness. Their kids have become my kids favorite people to be around and our get togethers have given them wonderful opportunities to teach them about friends.

You can tell that our group has mostly boys!
I am able to get good birthday gift ideas as they play with their friend's toys!  I told you Josh is really into pirates, he went straight for the pirate ship and swords.
Kyle likes to figure things out.  I think that is why he climbs on everything... He spent a long time figuring out how this toy works.  He is definately in the 'cause and effect' stage!
And Jacob, one of the youngest of the group (for now...) loves to just sit and watch!
This particular playdate was a 'Potty Party'- aka a free promo from Huggies Pull ups, and Kyle is doing the potty dance with his friend Marissa!  Wouldn't that be great if the potty dance really worked and he became potty trained soon?!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like crazy fun!!