Thursday, March 11, 2010

What is Kyle UP to these days?


I mean that in a literal sense!  Our sweet Kyle has been quite the explorer these days.  He is our persistant climbing monkey, and he is very good at it!  There is something in every room of our house that he feels he needs to go vertical on.  He would love to have a hands-on play session with our coffee maker, dvd player, cd player, medicine cabinet (luckly there are only tooth brushes in it) and anything that looks interesting on our kitchen counters.  We try to take preventative measures like installing child proof door handle covers and putting away child size chairs, buckets and other items that could be used as a step stool... but he has figured out the door handle covers and doesn't need the the extra boost anymore to get up where he wants to go. 

I caught him in action this morning, so I had to take a picture:

Up, Up, Up and straight for the cd player!

As I watched him climb, I got an idea to remove the pegs in the drawers, so I got Kyle down, went to get a screwdriver and 20 seconds later I came back and he was up there again... He is very efficient and graceful at his climbing!  As I removed the pegs, I heard him go into the baby room and this is what I found:

Up, up and up to get that cd player!

I guess those pegs are going off too... See for yourself:
We will have to see how long this keeps him down... for now he is very frustrated and planning his next adventure!

2 comments:

Coby said...

That last shot of him is just beautiful!

I'll throw in an extra prayer for you since you have such a climber! I've just got hoppers and runners, no climbers in my house! (Keeping fingers crossed).

Amy said...

Oh...Sarah! You do have your hands full! Kyle is, however, the most adorable little monkey climber ever!! Just remember in a few years, you will look back and be amazed at yourself...because you'll know you made it through! And it will be another kind of adventure, all of its own. Every age has some kind of challenge! Love ya!