Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Apples!

We took an after church trip to the Dixon Mountain Apple Farm a couple of weeks ago in hopes of getting some Champagne Apples... They are that good!  Unfortunately they were out of them by the time we got there, but we got to experience the farm and took home some Burgundy apples.  Last week, we went to a local pumpkin patch and they were selling the Champagne apples :)... We had to buy a half bushel!  Needless to say, we have tons of apples sitting in our fridge, so PLEASE send your tried and trued apple recipes! Last week I made a an apple crisp and we have been eating apple slices everyday :).   

I think the boys can spot a truck a mile away!

 I still can't get Kyle to look at the camera... There was a country store with everything fall related!
 They don't let you pick your own apples here, but we beat the LONG waiting line for pre-bagged apples by bagging our own... The kids had a great time picking them out and filling the bag up.
 K wanted to climb right into the bins.
 Our bag was full and we had already enjoyed an apple fritter & a carmel apple, so we were ready to call it a day.
 Josh, who normally isn't a big fan of apples has eaten his fair share and comes up with new recipes that we should make with them everyday... Today's recipe: "Apple orange juice". 
 They are pretty little things!

Waiting patiently for recipes!!!

1 comment:

Coby said...

Uhm, YUM! I had forgotten all about champagne apples! Oh. My. Goodness! I don't have many tried and true apple recipes - or any, actually. I just make apple pies, or muffins/breads, or caramel apples. What about apple butter?