Saturday, October 2, 2010

San Diego Trip Day 3- Beach and Pier

The beach was a big part of this trip... The calming sounds of the waves rolling in and birds squawking in the sand, the soothing sight of the sun glistening on the water and the warmth of the sand as I bury my feet into it.  It is about relaxing and enjoying the wonder of God's big world!  Along with this wonder is the curiosity of a 4 year old as he experiences it for the first time that he can remember.  I loved watching him take in every part of it... See for yourself!  Again, this a lonnnngggg post, but his expressions are priceless.

a little timid at first...
After seeing the water up close...
He was ready to let the waves chase him!
They both still look dry!
A little mommy coaxing to get him to play in the water...
Look Mom, I can touch the water, well sort of!
And dig my feet into the water blogged sand.
He wants to play, but a little unsure of those BIG waves!
So much to look at
Cat & mouse game of chase between the wave and J! This lasted a lonnnng time!
Dad Joined in the fun!
I think he forgot that he was avoiding the water...
The water IS kinda fun!
The splashing game is on... Do you see that game face?!


Do you think he is having fun?!



Time for rest and a bask in the sun!
I had to dig a hole for my belly!
That evening, right before sun down, we drove up to the Oceanside Pier.
Surfers, waves & a huge drop off... so many new sights for a little kid!
Having fun.
We enjoyed a milkshake at Ruby's Diner located at the ocean end of the pier... They gave us a nice window seat with a perfect view of the sunset...
Friday night at the pier just after sunset.
It was a little chilly with the ocean breeze and no sun.
This is J after a milkshake!
I have read that some of the very best photographing light is just after dusk... I wish I knew the settings on my camera a little better, this could have been a really cool picture!
Nice evening!
The day we left, we took one more stroll on the beach, J made a few friends!
There was a huge family of these little beach bums, they were not timid of people at all!
Taking it all in one last time...
And off to the airport... J is watching Tarzan from Mike's phone as we wait for our plane.

Short, but sweet trip!

1 comment:

Amy said...

What beautiful pictures!!!!