Thursday, October 28, 2010

Birthday Balloons!

It has been awhile, but I am at the start of catching up from the beginning of the month.

Ever since we moved to NM when I was 6, my birthday was celebrated in part with birthday balloons... hot air balloons in sky, that is!  My birthday always falls during the balloon fiesta because it is held during the first 2 weekends in Oct and the weekdays in-between.  I can remember a half a dozen girls and myself running outside at the crack of dawn after my birthday slumber parties each year to see the balloons fly over head.  It was always crispy cold and we were a little goofy crazy from staying up too late, but we were determined to see my birthday balloons :). 

This year, we decided to wake the kids up while it was still dark, put layers of clothes on them and show them the amazing sunrise balloon lift off.  I think they liked it and I had a wonderful birthday spending it with our family!
We watched the 'round' balloons blow up in the dark as the sun started to come out
 Kyle liked keeping warm with dad
 They rose with the sun... it is not too often that we see the sun come up!
Kyle loved his birds eye view of everything.
 some of the 'round' special shapes start appearing...
 This is as good as it gets with all three of them in the same picture.
 What a fun morning
 There was an eyeful of new things to look at for little J.
 The bigger balloons started going up, Noah's Arc was the kid's favorite.
 Little J spent some quality time with me.
 Big J with his favorite balloon.
 Collage of some of the pictures I got of the balloons, it really is an amazing experience if you have never been!  Let this serve as a postcard to all my out of state family and friends, come stay with us to see for yourself!
  

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like so much fun!!! We hope our kids can one day see the magnificent balloons!