K had fun, but his attention span was short lived as he wanted to mix the paint with dirt and water... It gave the house a little texture!
J painted the door red...
... And took his time paying close attention to the details.
The fun didn't stop there! I had just bought diapers and wipes and was clearing the boxes out the night before we painted the house, when I got an idea. I quickly and easily turned the boxes into a kitchenette and cabinet to go inside their new house. Everything used just happened to be laying around our house... some spray paint, extra cabinet handle hardware, blocks for the facet, water nobs & oven buttons (hot glued gunned on for clean removal), yogurt lids for the stove and a cooling rack for the oven shelf. After the spray paint dried, it only took about an hour to put together (I did it after the kids went to bed :)!
It is fully equipped with a refridgerator, stove, oven, sink, towel rack and storage!
All closed up.
The kids were happy to find it in the morning.
Finished house with everything put together... Not sure how long it will last with 3 rowdy boys, but at least we had fun putting it together :) and hope to use it as a playcenter for our preschool next week.
1 comment:
again, creative! So darling! You are a super mom!
Post a Comment