OPEN, OPEN, OPEN... hands winking open & closed!
I never thought I would be saying this so close to my due date, but we are hoping and praying that I can keep this baby inside for a few more days... Why you may ask? A hospital renovation is taking place literally down the street from us (7 minutes of residential driving, I timed it on my way to my apt on Tues & that was @7:45AM and I hit both red traffic lights that were on the way!). They are scheduled to open next Monday and they will now feature a maternity ward! The other option I have is about a 30-40 minute city drive (possibly a lot more if it is rush hour traffic). Little J, came so quickly my biggest fear is to have a roadside baby.
Big J took ~8 hours of labor, K took ~6 hours and little J was in my arms in just under 1 hour of strong regular contractions. What time frame does that leave for littlest guy?! Similar to Jakey's later pregnancy, I currently experience many Braxton hicks throughout the day, which will make it hard to gage which ones are the real contractions.
So while my nesting is in full fledged mode to get every corner of the house cleaned, organized & simplified and my mommy guilt is driving me to spend as much one on one time with each child before the chaos begins, I am trying to stay relaxed and rested to keep baby inside... No labor walks for me until Sunday afternoon!
A common nickname for each of our boys has been 'Love Man'... This little guy could be true to his future name if he is born on Valentine's Day (opening day :)), maybe we could even have the first baby born there and maybe they would even pay for it as a celebration- ha, ha?! OPEN, OPEN, OPEN!
This baby will come when he is ready... Ha, he will probably be 2 weeks late just to rub it in our face that we can't technically plan this out perfectly! But, this is our hospital hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment