Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Krispy Kreme

I will share a little secret... The summer after college I was a weight loss resident camp counselor for kids in San Diego and on Tues nights Krispy Kreme had a buy one box get one free, so what do you think us counselors would sneak into our staff lobby?  You betcha, we would have a weekly binge of these super indulgent donuts!  We certainly made sure none of our campers ever knew about it, but it was the first time I had ever experienced a Krispy Kreme donut in my life and I was hooked... For the summer at least.  As counselors, we typically taught 3 exercise classes per day, dealt with the emotional and physical needs of our 12-13 year old campers and ate the same food (weight loss food) as the kids (we were allowed to go back for seconds), but you can imagine that by the end of the day we wanted and needed more.

Since that summer, 8 years ago (gulping as I am counting years!) I have rarely had another Krispy Kreme, but every time I have, it brought me right back to that summer.  When I saw a field trip posted for Krispy Kreme in our Mom's group newsletter, I was super excited except for the fact that it was on the day before my due date- I thought there was no chance I would be able to go.  Guess what?... We made it!

 Trying to patiently wait for their turn at the tour!
 Hummm, not sure he should be allowed to eat a donut, he looks ornery enough without the sugar!
 Little J was just happy to have a hat!
 Yay, it is our turn... Look at all the 'donut factory' equipment!
 Yum, it smelled good in there!
 Here is the dough mixer, big J wanted to lick the beaters...
 The fun stuff... Chocolate & Sprinkles!
 They were able to give a spin at dipping and sprinkling...
 K really liked the big bowl of sprinkles.

At least we have some fun things to do while patiently waiting for new little guy :).  

No comments: