Sunday, March 4, 2012

Toys!

Around our house, you can't escape the pleura of toys!  They are simply everywhere and played with at all hours of the day.  While they seem to be the enemy during the battle of a clean house, sometimes I just stop and wonder what was happening when I see them hidden in a corner arranged just so.  The play pretend that goes on is pretty intense and elaborate, but what joy it brings me to see the kids enter that imaginative world of play!  As I am trying to be more accepting to the fact that it is alright if a bucket of toys are spilled over the floor (as long as they are playing with them), I am also trying to use their 'toy projects' as a look into their play world.  Come see what I found one afternoon.

Hum, I wonder who this house was built for?
 Even in the shower there was some kind of sorting organization going on... Why were they grouped the way they were?  And why is Mr. panda all alone?
 The table was taken over by toys...SIGH...guess who won?  This is exactly why I have a fun project to share with you soon :).
 The Rhino and the Gorilla were sharing some words under the table?!
 Books everywhere!  While they sometimes feel like they have become the new coverings to our couches, I have to remind myself of the cozy read aloud time that we ALL enjoy!
 What was going on here?  The helicopter landed inside in the castle!
 Even baby left his evidence of playing in his bed!

  I can't forget the notorious rock piles... They are just as much alive as the other toys!  They were each hand selected to be there!

Awhile back I had a friend with grown up kids come to my house for a visit and immediately she told me how much she missed having all the toys around her house.  I never looked at it like that before, I suppose someday I will miss the evidence of an excitement filled day in toy land!

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a great idea...to take pictures of the way things are. I bet you will love these pictures years from now. They will bring you back to these years!