Monday, June 4, 2012

Chicken noodle soup with an Asian flare

I know, you are thinking it is crazy to talk about soup after our 90 degree+ weather this past weekend... But, I make chicken stock a couple of times a month and love experimenting with different soups.  This particular soup is more summer friendly than most in that it only cooks for about 10-15mins (assuming you already have the chicken and stock/broth prepared) and it uses lots of spring veggies.  So hear goes:
 Some of the ingredients (chopped cabbage, bean sprouts, fresh Udon Noodles, granulated garlic & a splash of toasted seseme seed oil... All of these items will be added during the at the end right before serving and no measuring nessesary, just add according to taste.
 The green onions and mushrooms can cook for about 5mins in the boiling chicken broth.
This is the boiling chicken stock with chicken and sliced carrots (oops, I failed to take a picture of the carrots) that will cook for ~10 mins.  
 Ladle into a bowl sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!


Super easy, delishious, lots of veggies and the kids even eat it (some times!). 


No comments: