Sunday, August 5, 2012

A minute in time

Anyone with kids knows how hard it can be to get out of the house in the morning...  Lately it seems extra hard-

As I am running around trying to make myself presentable (I didn't say showered or lovely, I said presentable-ha, ha!), Kyle is following me around telling me about every new feature of his Lego project.  Josh and Jacob are asking for more milk with their breakfast as soon as I put put it in the refrigerator, sigh.  And Carter is being his curious self wandering the house looking for something to get into as I look at all the emptied out cabinets on the kitchen floor that he has already gotten into.  I set out each of the boys outfits on the couch for easy dressing & turn Curious George on as we usually do at 8 o clock.  Things seem settled for a second, so I sneak away to get dressed... "SCREAMMMMMMM!!!!".  Kyle comes running in with tears running down his face to show me the few scattered pieces of Legos left from his project.  "Baby wrecked my project!".  As I go find Carter I notice he has shuffled all the outfits onto the floor and I find him standing on our 2.5 foot TV stand and I hear Jakey complain "I can't see the show, baby is in the way!!!!".   As I look closer I notice that he has Joshua's underwear on his head like a hat... I grab him, set him on the floor and proceed to help Kyle put some of his Lego project back together.  "Splash!!!!".  I turn around and Carter is standing on the Kitchen Table spilling the milk down his belly onto the table and dripping on the floor!  And that is just one minute in the morning... No time for morning sickness!

The turkey in action... Underwear on his head has become a fashion statement for him!
 It is hard to believe someone so cute can cause so much chaos!!!  Oh boy, it is going to be a long toddler hood for us!

No comments: