Sunday, August 5, 2012

When a girl comes over...

Leave it to me (a mom of 4 boys) to have saved a lot of my childhood toys.  I have 3 big bins in the boys closet full of Barbie dolls, My Little Ponies & Cabbage Patch Kid dolls... Josh helped me organize them a couple of years ago, but they have not seen the light of day since then!  Every time J's friend Mallory has come over she has spotted them and asked to open them, but it never seemed to be a good time.  That is until we had her over for a morning long play date.  Everyone was soooo excited (including myself :). 
Once the bin was dumped out, the treasure hunt began...

 Once they found what they wanted to play with, the big time gender differences came out!
 Josh found the toy that resembled a Transformer... He was more than over joyed to show me how it worked!
 Kyle was consumed with figuring out how the furniture is supposed to be put together.
 Jacob found all kids of new containers to stash his Trash Packs in.
 And Carter found the one and only ball from the bin!
 Quiet thinkers working independently!
 Kyle is explaining to me how to convert the couch into a bed. 
 Mallory on the other hand, was playing just as I remember... Dressing the Barbie up and getting the babies ready to go out to meet Ken! 

1 comment:

Cavinder Family said...

This was absolutely cute!! I still have a bunch of my stuff from when I was younger, although I wish I had all the Barbie furniture. Audrey would love it!