Thursday, October 29, 2009

Crazy Snow!!!

On our way back from shopping this afternoon, we were driving up a hill in bright sunny (yet very chilly) weather and when we hit the top of the hill we looked down the valley that opened up to the west mesa dessert where we saw a sheer cover of what looked like fog.  The sun hit it perfectly to where it almost sparkled.  We got home and while I unloaded the groceries, I noticed it had started to snow?!  It is still Oct & we live in New Mexico!?...  The kids ran outside with excitement and had the time of there lives chasing the huge blowing snowflakes of this quick blizzard like storm that passed through our neighborhood in less than 15 minutes.  I tried to capture the moment, but the blowing snow was so intense that my camera lens kept getting wet.  When it was finished, the sun came out and while our grass turned white for a glimpse of time, it is now back to green filled with fallen leaves.  This is the kind of storm that could have been missed if you didn't happen to look out a window.  After the storm, we had some hot chocolate and now the kids are sleeping :)--- This is how every winter afternoon should be! 






2 comments:

Amy said...

What fun and unexpected fun!! Neat that you caught the snow falling and sent the boys out. Looks like they had a blast!

Melissa said...

Great pics Sarah! It was fun, I was at the patch in it!