Monday, May 10, 2010

Backyard visitor

Last year we had a frog/toad (there is debate on which it was) that lived around our house and it liked to startle us in the dark, remember?  Well this year our newest creature of the backyard is a BAT!  Yes, it was a REAL bat in the suburbs of Albuquerque, and no we do not live in a cave!  I am not sure where it came from as the only bats that I have ever seen were at Carlsbad Caverns, the Rio Grande Zoo, and church camp (up in the mountains).  I am not sure what brought him to the Barker Backyard, but as I was watering my garden and spraying the Boston Ivy when I saw a black blob moving behind one of the leaves... I took a closer look and realized it was some kind of living creature with black fur and cute hands.  Humm... Maybe he is waiting to eat the fruits of my garden?!  I'm not sure I like this creature here, please tell me anything you know about bats and why he is here!  By the way, he was gone the next day, but I am leery of him hiding somewhere else... 

1 comment:

Amy said...

YIKES!!! Did you show Josh or Kyle?