Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Horse poop and cow bones

Who would have thought those things could be soooo cool?!  My four year old boy sure thinks so... We got the wonderful oppurtunity to visit a horse ranch this week.  The place is called Galloping Grace Youth Ranch and they offer a free program for kidos to get to experience ranch life and bond with horses.  When we signed up, Josh was very excited asking: "Am I a REAL cowboy now?", at that point I knew it would be a great experience for him. 

With his cowboy boots on, he was ready to go!
What a great place, they really know how to build work ethic... the first thing they had us do was clean up the horse poop!  J was actually excited to shovel it all up :).
I don't think Josh knew exactly what was going on, half way through he asked what this stuff was... When I told him horse poop, he just said "Ohhh (with a smile)" and kept working.  Later he asked "Is it green because of the hay they eat?". We nearly filled the whole cart up!
Next they got to go to the tack room to make thank you notes to send to the sponsors of the ranch
Time to explore the play areas of the ranch
A 'Saloon' filled with toys!
But Josh was more interested in these cow bones than the toys... He wanted to put the whole skeleton together.
Here comes the highlight of the trip... riding a horse with Cowboy Max.

Some more of the pretty horses on the beautiful ranch!

There seriously was a 'Special Bond' with horses and ranch life created in Josh with this visit...


We can't wait until next time, we get to go back in 2 weeks!  What a generous group of volunteers, thank you so much for sharing!

1 comment:

Coby said...

Way cool! I love the title to this post...sounds like a country song!