This year I researched and experimented with lots of different crops and techniques, so I want to document my progress through pictures to see how these experiments turn out. Everything was planted between April 17-25th.
Working hard to create a new flower bed
Josh was very eager to help and learn
Kyle enjoyed 'directing' in his rain boots!
grape vines and finished flower bed... we planted all kinds of seeds, I can't wait til they bloom (zinias, sunflowers, poppies, sweet peas!).
The main garden bed... I am experimenting with some square foot gardening (thus the twine grid). I am trying to grow corn, squash, zucchini, egg plant, cabbage, onions, carrots, bell peppers, spinach, lettuce and lots of tomatoes (training them to a post).
Herbs, onions, leeks & carrots
lettuce in a container- I have already started picking the leaves for dinner!
Another view of the wall garden bed... I planted watermelon seeds at one end and cantalope seeds at the other- we will see if anything comes of them.
Vining strawberries
I will keep you posted on the progress!
2 comments:
Looks amazing Sarah! I can't wait to see the progress!
Wowee!! I am so impressed, can you come help me with mine?!
Post a Comment