I have been eyeing these new creations called 'Cake Pops' for awhile and I finally had an occasion to try them. We served these at Jacob's party instead of cake, but they were quite appropriate for his 'ball themed' party and I think the kids enjoyed something a little different. More info, including recipes and directions for making them can be found on Bakerella's blog (by the way, she has tons of fun baking techniques and recipes!).
Not a lollipop, not a cake... A cake pop!
Inside is crumbled homemade chocolate cake and cream cheese frosting mixed together... they are rolled into balls, poked with a stick, frozen and then dipped with chocolate and decorated.
Each one comes out looking a little different
We were having a big party and needed enough for everyone!
The Cake Display!
Yum!
They don't get this kind of treat very often, so they savored them!
1 comment:
Those look wonderful!! I want to try those!!
Post a Comment