Friday, July 2, 2010

Treasure Dig

Do you remember when I said I had a sewing class to go to?  Well, I will get to that someday on a different blog entry... But while I was in my class, Mike took J & K to the aquarium and of course J convinced dad to buy him a pirate kit, it is a hands on activity that you use tools to get the buried treasure out of the plaster...   

He looks like a scientist!
Here is the kit- it came with a book, plaster dig, tools and safety glasses.
He was really into it and it took him a good 30 mins to chisel out all the pieces!
In the end, he ended up with a treasure box, sword, ring & a few other small accessories.
Here are my 4 kids (oh, I mean 3 kids and 1 husband!) doing what they do best at the moment... Playing pirates!

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a fun little experiment for Josh!