Friday, July 2, 2010

Swim Lessons

"Quick- get your shoes on, let's go wake Jakey up, grab a bag full of snacks, hats, sunscreen, towel and dry clothes... Everyone in the car!"
What a hustle it has been these past 2 weeks during Joshua's swim lessons.  Besides the exhaustion of getting everyone out the door, we had a great experience.  Josh thrived during every part and was very eager to do each new step!
This is half of his class and they are all friends and all boys!  Good luck teachers!
Lots of kicking and splashing... But they were allowed to do those things.
crab walking, treasure hunting, bubble blowing... getting acquainted with the water.
During the 2nd week they spent half their class in the 'BIG pool'!  I was happy to see that Josh was eager to volunteer.
The ways that preschoolers 'wait' patiently.
Holding on to the wall to kick and hold their breath.
Josh liked to hold his breath so much he practiced while he waited.
Do you sense the energy in these boys yet?
If not, here is a better shot!
You might be wondering where the little guys are... If I had just one little guy, we would be in this mommy & me class with E & M.
But since I have 2 of them, they were stuck in the stroller eating snacks... This was the last day, Kyle got pretty creative over the past 2 weeks!
Anticipation of the big jump... I love his body jesters, he was so excited he couldn't hold his arms still!
The highlight of the class!

It was quite the social event for all of us moms too...  We were able to lay our blankets in the grass let the little ones play and catch up on our conversations.  Summer is here!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love Josh's excitement and joy!! He is fearless in the water!