Anyway, another preparation for preschool was to make colored pasta... It is great for so many crafts, fine motor skills, sorting, sensory play, etc. I used small Ditalini pasta, which will be perfected for stringing on a pipe cleaner and gluing on to crafts. I used large tub pasta called Rigatoni for sorting, making necklaces, etc.
This is the end result, such pretty colors.
To make it, all you do is put pasta in ziplock bags, add enough rubbing alcohol to make sure they all get a light coating and then add the desired amount of food coloring (a little for lighter colored pasta and more for more saturated colors), we used about 10 drops per bag.
I had a great helper to squeeze and count!
Then, you seal the bags, and let them soak in the mixure for a few hours and squish them around when you think of it to spread the color around.
Drain the liquid, spread the pasta on baking sheets and let them dry overnight.
2 comments:
SO FUN and cute!! you are awesome!
We did this and made necklaces - SO much fun! I think I had more fun than the boys!
Post a Comment