Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Silly Putty

I recently read a book about having one foot ahead of the kids to keep them busy and occupied.  It stated over and over that a busy toddler is a happy toddler.  So, with that being said, I have been looking for fun ways to keep them happy (thus busy!).  This particular morning we made silly putty. 

The recipe is simple and we happened to have all the ingredients: equal amounts of liquid starch and glue and then food coloring of your choice
 Mix it all together until it becomes gobbed together and stretchy
Squish and play!
This is Joshua's Octopus
Kyle liked making little pieces
We discovered that if you blow air pockets into the putty, you could make balloons. 

We kept it in a baggy for about a week.

1 comment:

Coby said...

I'm writing this one down for our vacation. SO fun!